Adelaide EATS food Market
Adelaide Eats, formerly known as #frontstreetfoods, is back for another year at Adelaide Place; a vibrant oasis in the heart of the city's financial district. The Market welcomes everyone to enjoy and discover incredible food in a unique atmosphere.
The Market showcases Toronto’s best chefs, restaurants, bakers, food entrepreneurs, and artisanal food makers. Each participating vendor will have the opportunity to offer a small, curated menu that best represents their specialty.
Conveniently located on the second level terrace at Adelaide Place (150 York Street, Toronto) the Market is directly accessible from Adelaide, York and University. It offers bistro style seating in a unique, high-traffic urban space in the heart of downtown Toronto
Whether you’re new to the food scene or a famous chef, everyone begins by applying online. Those who are selected from the application pool are then scheduled for a tasting at our office in Toronto. At the tastings we taste the food and ask questions to better understand your products.
Market Dates and Hours
The Market will open Monday June 1st, 2017 and will close July 28th, 2017. It will be open weekdays (rain or shine) during the following hours:
- Monday - Wednesday : 11:00am to 2:30pm
- Thursday - Friday: 11:00am to 8:00pm
All booths must be open and staffed during market hours. Hours are subject to change.
The Market is located on the second level terrace at Adelaide Place which is a nearly 15,000 sq. foot courtyard at the corner of Adelaide Street West and University Avenue which spans to York Street (its address is both 150 York Street and 181 University Avenue). This location is at the centre of the downtown core and walking distance for hundreds of thousands of downtown workers, dwellers and visitors.
- Adelaide Eats is an elevated courtyard accessible by stairs, elevator (off-peak hours for vendors) and connected directly to the surrounding office towers.
- As a true urban oasis, the market offers a unique lunch and dinner destination.
Booth Sizes and Prices
Booths are offered in one size: 8' wide x 10' deep suitable for on site cooking.
|Price For Sessions 1 and 2|
|Booth Size||Session 1 - 4 weeks (June 1 - 30)||Session 2 - 4 weeks (July 4 - 28)|
|Full Size: 8' x 10'||$4,450||$3,950|
Note: all prices subject to HST.
- Each booth is covered by a food grade, fire retardent tent.
- Each booth is equipped with a securable front.
- Each booth is provided with a sign showing the business brand name.
- Each booth is provided with an electrical power outlet for low energy use purposes (lights, computer, pos system, phone charging). Electrical power for cooking appliances is available at an additional cost.
- Power: Each booth is provided with an electrical power outlet (110v) for low energy use purposes (lights, computer, pos system, phone charging). Additional dedicated electrical power circuits (15amps at 110v) are available for a weekly price of $40 per outlet. Please contact us for availability and pricing of 240v circuits.
- Water: A shared potable water source is available on the Podium for vendors' use.
- Refrigeration: There are three options for vendors requiring refrigeration on-site at the Market.
- You can use a fridge and/or freezer in your booth.
- You may bring an additional fridge/freezer to store in a utility area in the Market. This will enable you to have a private refrigerated storage area. Additional electrical power fees will apply.
- You may rent shelf space in refrigeration units on site. Details, including shelf sizes and prices to be provided.
Application Submission Process
Submissions are currently being accepted. Vendors may be required to send food samples or to participate in a tasting. You will be notified in advance if we require you to send samples and/or participate in a tasting.
A few tips
- In the application be as specific as possible about what items you intend to sell.
- Making delicious food is a baseline for the selection process — presentation, execution, and booth displays are just as important.
- We like total newcomers just as much as established entities.
- We encourage each vendor to create a unique and attractive look.
- Once accepted you’ll need insurance and a food handler's certificate. All food must be prepared in a commercial kitchen and you must comply with the Toronto Public Health Temporary Food Establishment guidelines.
- Applicants will be required to come for a tasting.
Applications now being accepted on a rolling basis.
- Final Payment Due May 10
- Move in (session 1) May 27-28
- Opening Day June 1
- Second Session Move in July 3
Application Fees and Process
All applicants are required to pay the $300 application fee at the time their application is submitted. If you are accepted to the Market this fee will be held as a security deposit for the market season. Security deposits held for market participants will be refunded by September 15, 2017 if your business does not breach the terms of the vendor agreement or cause damage to the venue.
Vendors who are not accepted to participate will have their application fee refunded by June 30, 2017. If you are accepted but choose not to participate you will lose your application fee.
Have questions? Comments?
Please contact us and we would be pleased to chat.